Saturday, September 29, 2012

Distress Ink / Foam Blending Pad Storage

If you are like me, I hate throwing away or washing the foam blending pads. I kept looking for away to store them. Nothing I found worked for me, so I came up with my own storage solution. This is the revised version, the prototype wasn't as pretty. 
Several people have asked me about this, so I decided to turn it into my first tutorial.
I started with an 8 1/2" by 11" white cardstock paper and drew vertical lines for the velcro strips at 7/8", 3 5/8", 7 5/8"  and at 1 3/4", 2 3/4", 4 1/2", 6 3/4" for foam pads. I also drew horizontal line starting from the top every 1 1/4" This created guidelines for the placement of the label stickers and the foam pads. Repeat on the back side. You have some extra space on the back.

Next I downloaded the Distress Ink labels from the Ranger website (click here). Using the guidelines, I placed the stickers on the cardstock chart by color families, adding in the seasonal colors.



Then I laminated the sheet and added rough strips of velcro (I cut the strips in half to less)  on the lines at  7/8", 3 5/8", 7 5/8" .



 
Now the fun part. I added the foam pads to the laminated sheet. I used the pencil guidelines. To protect it when traveling, I placed it inside a plastic paper storage pouch.


No comments:

Post a Comment