Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tim Holtz's Tattered Floral Challenge

I am participating in Tim Holtz's Tattered Floral Challenge and I just finished.  I decided my small lamp needed a new lampshade for the spring. 

First in used the Distress Stains to created the background on the lampshade. I used Picket Fence to add some clouds. Then I drew some clumps of grass with the Distress Markers. 

Next using the smallest flower on the Tattered Floral die along with some of the flowers from the Tattered Floral Garland die,  I cut out flowers from Tim's tissue paper, linen, crinoline fabric, grungepaper covered with tissue paper. I inked some with Distress Ink, but most of them I sprayed with Distress Ink Refills in a small mister bottle. 

I also used the Distress Ink Refills in a small mister bottle to spray Tim's paper string to create the stems for my flowers. 

When the flowers were dry, I layered them in various color combinations and held them together with a brad. I poked the brad through the lampshade. I poked a hole at the top and bottom of each stem and attached a piece of the green paper string. Then I added small leaves which I cut using the Tattered Garland and some old silk flower leaves.

Here it is on the lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment